Project Manager I
- BS or BAS or 10 years experience with IT, telecom and wireless technology
- PRINCE2 Project Management - Foundation
- Ascom IP-DECT Certification Training
- Ascom VoWiFi Certification Training
- Ascom Telligence and Telergy Certification Training
- Ability to manage a technical team and project
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Clinical Information Systems
- Verbal communications (speaks fluent English and can articulate)
- Written communications (able to efficiently compose formal communication documents)
- PC Skills (Microsoft office)
- 5+ years managing technical projects
- 5+ years telecommunications, IT and 802.11 WLAN
- Certified Project Manager – Current CAPM or PMP certified by Professional Project Management Group (PMI)
- Interactive with high level customer contacts
- Strong social presence with team interaction
- Problem Solving
- 802.11 Wireless Networking
- TCP/IP Networking
- Telecommunication administration
- IT and TCP/IP administration
- 3+ years of Ascom experience as Ascom technical expert
- Incorporate quality and continuous improvement as part of overall job performance; adhering to Ascom’s quality policies and procedures
- Manage Ascom Professional Service projects
- Monitor customer satisfaction with post service customer surveys
- Manage projects, practices and conduct that support the company’s objectives as outlined in both mission statements and the yearly compensation plan
- Protect service margins with efficient operations
- Technical leadership for Ascom products and solutions
- Expert with Ascom technology and integration techniques
- Hands on participation and assistance during implementation projects to protect timelines
- Carry out Ascom Professional services including installation, commissioning and analysis of Ascom products and solutions
- Support the company’s objectives as outlined in both mission statements and the yearly compensation plan with efficient practices
- Interface with customer and peers to collect information needed to perform professional services
- Establish and maintain proficient knowledge of all Ascom products with successful completion of Ascom technical training classes
- Use the Ascom US Service Management system to establish customer configuration data after the installation
- Establish and maintain good knowledge of networking, wireless networking, and associated technology
- Provide input (framework or updates) for integration application notes
- Travel time will often be in excess of 25% during a given month
- Other duties assigned
Since we are an international company and have collaboration with people in different countries, it is important that one has an understanding of cultural diversity. It is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to cooperate and to guide others through mentoring and coaching. This role optimizes time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize your own work. We also believe that you are able to work independently and like to work process-oriented.
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Ascom recognizes employees as people with responsibilities outside of the office. There is a true desire to provide optional tools that assist employees in protecting themselves as well as their immediate family.
Group benefits start with major medical insurance with a national carrier. Dental, Vision, Life and LTD insurances are included at little to no additional cost for employee or family coverage.
Ascom contributes a majority of the costs for employees to obtain coverage for themselves and their family.
We provide employees with an optional 401k plan after 60 days of full time employment.
These benefits are available to employees that meet the eligibility requirements as stated in each benefits plan document.
Ascom (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
The selection process is starting soon so, apply now!
The Ascom workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the Ascom Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application, hiring process, or afterwards are selected for an Ascom position, please call 919-535-6151 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.