Usability & Project Coordinator
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for the usability engineering for products developed within the Global Product Line Unite. This should be kept in line with the stated user experience vision, stated business goals and identified user needs.
- University degree in the area of user-centered design
- Substantial knowledge in Unite product range
- Knowledge about Ascom primary user target groups and their work environment. (i.e. Nursing and patient care workflows)
- Project Coordination (i.e. planning, execution, following up, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- University degree
- Fluent in English, verbal and in writing.
- Strong coordination skills pertaining to assigned activities and projects.
- Experience with product development with an understanding and focus on end user requirements.
- Self-managing with experience meeting deadlines, solving problems, and keeping projects on track.
- Priority of responsibilities based on requirements specific to individual projects. There can/maybe limited overlap between some project timelines.
- Coordinate product development based project activities (up to 1 project per quarter)
- Plan and execute (through delegation) project kick-offs, design reviews, and project finalization activities.
- Maintain established usability activities associated with the development of specific product(s) that includes a medical device intended use; including:
- Analyze user needs for products and assess and document potential hazards.
- Assess the usability characteristics of products to determine if they meet user requirements.
- Collect data through direct observation of work activities or witnessing the conduct of tests related to the use of the product.
- Write, review, or comment on documents, such as design proposals, test plans, or procedures.
- Train users in preparation for usability testing.
- Conduct interviews or surveys of users or customers to collect information on topics such as requirements, needs, fatigue, or interfaces
- Prepare reports or presentations summarizing results or conclusions of investigations, testing or evaluation
- Advocate for end users in collaboration with other professionals including engineers, designers, managers, or customers
- Ensure products and processes follow applicable industry standards (FDA, ISO, etc)
Since we are an international company and have collaboration with people in different countries, it is important that one has an understanding of cultural diversity. It is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to cooperate and to guide others through mentoring and coaching. This role optimizes time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize your own work. We also believe that you are able to work independently and like to work process-oriented.
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Ascom recognizes employees as people with responsibilities outside of the office. There is a true desire to provide optional tools that assist employees in protecting themselves as well as their immediate family.
Group benefits start with major medical insurance with a national carrier. Dental, Vision, Life and LTD insurances are included at little to no additional cost for employee or family coverage.
Ascom contributes a majority of the costs for employees to obtain coverage for themselves and their family.
We provide employees with an optional 401k plan after 60 days of full time employment.
These benefits are available to employees that meet the eligibility requirements as stated in each benefits plan document.
The selection process is starting soon so, apply now!
Ascom (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
The Ascom workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the Ascom Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application, hiring process, or afterwards are selected for an Ascom position, please call 919-535-6151 or contact us via email at email@example.com.