Senior Hardware Engineer
Ascom (US) Inc. is seeking for Senior Hardware Engineer to join our growing team in January 2020. The Senior Hardware Engineer develops and supports team leadership for the development of electronics hardware for Hospital Patient / Staff communications solutions worldwide.
ASCOM designs and supports electronic hardware for the global patient/staff communications industry. The Senior Hardware Engineer within Patient Systems develops and supports team leadership for the development of electronics hardware for Hospital Patient / Staff communications solutions worldwide.
- BSc or MSc, Electrical Engineering, or similar area of study.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in hardware engineering.
- Significant experience in Circuit design and simulation (Analog and Digital)
- Significant experience with schematic capture tools such as Orcad, ViewLogic, etc
- Significant experience operating laboratory instrumentation
- Experience with EMC compatible design/solutions
- Experience with global agency and regulatory design requirements
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of the products and processes within Patient Systems
- To be able to recommend and/or implement hardware designs from requirements and design specifications. The problems are often complex and several solutions need to be considered. It is expected to understand the consequences of different design solutions e.g. from system, product, economical, production and customer perspective.
- On basis of Market and Target Specifications, which are sometimes unclear and vague, be able to formulate detailed technical and design specifications.
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to cooperate with others, both in and outside the company.
- Fluent in English, verbal and in writing.
- Coordination of hardware related issues in the section. This also includes, together with the section manager, coordination with other departments and sections within Patient Systems and Wireless Solutions.
- Knowledge of all phases of new product introduction: concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
- Optimal hardware design solutions regarding functionality, reliability, interoperability, production, costs and development time.
- Knowledge of the products for which the section is responsible
- Planning and reporting progress of her/his own work. This also includes divergences from made plans and specifications.
- Development and maintenance of her/his own competence.
- Knowledge of new technologies, which could affect products for which the section is responsible.
- Quality of her/his own work.
- Maintenance of the Patient Systems hardware business processes.
- Synergies between products with respect to Hardware.
- Participate in development projects as a senior hardware engineer and sometimes as coordinator for hardware development within or between projects.
- Lead product and system design reviews.
- Support the Project Manager(s) with respect to hardware planning.
- Coach other engineers in the section
- Analyze requirements of products from a system and hardware perspective. The input comes from Target Specifications, product managers, technical support and sometimes end customers.
- Lead analysis and recommend actions regarding maintenance.
- Promote and spread information about technical solutions between different projects.
- Promote a strong testing infrastructure to minimize dependency on hardware availability
- Promote consistency and maximize synergies across common hardware platforms
- Promote hardware design for reuse and manufacturability
- Suggest and lead thesis work
- Support lab maintenance and improvements
- Other duties as assigned
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
Since we are an international company and have collaboration with people in different countries, it is important that one has an understanding of cultural diversity. It is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to cooperate and to guide others through mentoring and coaching. This role optimizes time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize your own work. We also believe that you are able to work independently and like to work process-oriented.
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Ascom recognizes employees as people with responsibilities outside of the office. There is a true desire to provide optional tools that assist employees in protecting themselves as well as their immediate family.
Group benefits start with major medical insurance with a national carrier. Dental, Vision, Life and LTD insurances are included at little to no additional cost for employee or family coverage.
Ascom contributes a majority of the costs for employees to obtain coverage for themselves and their family.
We provide employees with an optional 401k plan after 60 days of full time employment.
These benefits are available to employees that meet the eligibility requirements as stated in each benefits plan document.
The selection process is starting soon so, apply now!
Ascom (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
The Ascom workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the Ascom Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application, hiring process, or afterwards are selected for an Ascom position, please call 919-535-6151 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.