To view the presentations from the event, click here.
Transportation projects can have various impacts on a community’s economic development objectives, such as productivity, employment, business activity, property values, investment and tax revenues, and ultimately create places where people want to live, work and play. With a residential population now well above 24,000 and an additional 10,000+ for daytime population, transportation is a key area of focus for the Town of Morrisville.
Join us to hear from area experts as they discuss short and long-term transportation initiatives in and around Morrisville. Speakers include:
We'll discuss some of the most pressing transit needs as well as projects that are currently underway or coming online in the near future, such as:
- Joey Hopkins, PE - Division 5 Engineer, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Kent Jackson - Town Engineer, Town of Morrisville
- Patrick McDonough - Manager of Planning and Transit Oriented Development, GoTriangle
- Joe Milazzo, PE - Executive Director, Regional Transportation Alliance
- NCDOT / I40 interchanges at Airport Blvd. and Aviation Pkwy
- McCrimmon Parkway, Hwy 54 expansionand Morrisville-Carpenter Road widening
- Wake Transit Plan implementation
- Accelerate 540
- the business case for support of regional mobility issues
Current and planned transportation projects have a direct impact on Morrisville and our region as transportation infrastructure is the backbone of any community. Make sure you are up to speed on the challenges and opportunities we as a community face as we look forward to the future.
Get social with us!