Technical Support Engineer
*** Location: Morrisville, NC OR Bradenton, FL***
We are looking for 4 Technical Support Engineers for January 2020!
This position will provide troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues via in-person, phone and web-based communication for Ascom products (such as Nurse Call, Emergency Call, Mobility, and Unite Middleware Systems). The Technical Support Engineer I will own and resolve customer support issues while exercising judgment in escalating issues within defined practices and policies.
- Associates degree or 2 years Ascom product experience or 3+ years’ experience working with Nurse Call, Middleware, telecommunications, or wireless technology (DECT or 802.11)
- 2-5 years experience in Customer Support role utilizing phone, e-mail and web-based systems
- 2-5 years experience with server hardware and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- 2-5 years experience with telecommunications or WLAN
- 2-5 years experience with Desktop Operating systems
- 2-5 years experience with basic IP communication
- Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems
- TCP/IP Networking
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Wireless Networking
- Microsoft Office
- Basic telephone knowledge
- Excellent customer management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, highly responsive and customer focused
- Ability to work independently and have a strong social presence with team interaction
Technical Support Engineer must successfully complete within the first 9 months in position (obtain certifications where applicable):
- UNITE Basic
- Telecare IP
- Provide level I technical troubleshooting and problem resolution via in-person, phone, email and network tools in order to troubleshoot, fix or triage customer support issues
- Investigate and isolate hardware and software problems using documented procedures and appropriate tools
- Interface with customers and peers to collect information needed for troubleshooting and problem resolution while escalating issues within defined practices and policies. Collaborate with internal groups as needed
- Establish and maintain strong technical knowledge in networking, operating systems, and all Ascom products at the administrator level, with successful completion of Ascom technical training classes and industry training through self-education
- Follow defined process and procedures for documenting, tracking, and managing customer support issues via the issue tracker
- Identify opportunities and provide input to improve overall service delivery processes, tools/systems, documentation and support capabilities
- Maintain technical support lab equipment and records
- Provide cross training for more junior technical support engineers
- Perform customer service duties such as answering, routing, and following up on inbound communications for the support team
- Perform on-call coverage and after-hours duty as business needs dictate
- Position will require travel up to 15% of the time, including overnight travel
- Other duties as assigned
Since we are an international company and have collaboration with people in different countries, it is important that one has an understanding of cultural diversity. It is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to cooperate and to guide others through mentoring and coaching. This role optimizes time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize your own work. We also believe that you are able to work independently and like to work process-oriented.
Working at Ascom
We offer an open and international environment where personal initiative is both expected and appreciated. Our culture is reflected by the Ascom Way and its six principles: Customer Focus, Accountability & Commitment, Growth, Innovation, Leadership, We are Ascom. Key aspects are to create customer value in everything we do, take calculated risks, be curious and creative, and be passionate and inspire. Ascom is a company where you will be able to engage with all parts of the value stream, from development to sales, manufacturing, supply chain and service delivery. If you are motivated by making a real difference in your work, you are probably one of us.
Ascom recognizes employees as people with responsibilities outside of the office. There is a true desire to provide optional tools that assist employees in protecting themselves as well as their immediate family. Group benefits start with major medical insurance with a national carrier. Dental, Vision, Life and LTD insurances are included at little to no additional cost for employee or family coverage. Ascom contributes a majority of the costs for employees to obtain coverage for themselves and their family. We provide employees with an optional 401k plan after 60 days of full time employment. These benefits are available to employees that meet the eligibility requirements as stated in each benefits plan document.
The selection process is starting soon so, apply now!
Ascom (US) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
The Ascom workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation (including any technical assistance with the Ascom Careers website or submission process), whether during the job application, hiring process, or afterwards are selected for an Ascom position, please call 919-535-6151 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.