Navigating 2018: Position Your Business and Employees to Address HR, Immigration and Tax Law Changes (Issues Forum) - March 2018
Name: Navigating 2018: Position Your Business and Employees to Address HR, Immigration and Tax Law Changes (Issues Forum) - March 2018
Date: March 15, 2018
Time: 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM EDT
Registration: Sorry on-line registration is closed. Please contact the chamber to register (919) 463-7150.
Navigating 2018: Position Your Business and Employees to Address HR, Immigration and Tax Law Changes
2018 is already a year of significant changes, especially to our immigration system and tax code along with Human Resource issues. From business owners, employees and family members to community and civic leaders, these changes affect everyone and can spark a multitude of questions. Join us to hear from a panel of professionals as they discuss key changes to HR, immigration and tax laws and the potential impact to employees and your business. This issues forum will aim to answer the following questions:
- What options are available to change my work authorization?
- Can I help my employee get a green card?
- What can I ask during an interview regarding someone’s immigration status?
- Who can I claim as a dependent on my taxes?
- Will my spouse be allowed to continue working given the proposed immigration changes?
- Do my clients need other HR or legal services to help manage their business?
- How can these changes in the workforce impact my company's culture?
- Ann Close, Owner/President, Close HR Connections
- Nam Douglass, Associate Attorney, Gardner Law, PLLC
- Patricia Villa, MPAcc, CS Financial & Accounting Services, Inc.
Get social with us!